Thursday, July 21, 2005

Nothing of Life

6th May 2005

It was chillingly cold...
The icy mountain winds seemed to enjoy embracing the poor little man barely hanging onto the cliff...
Me... I... Us?

I could not remember why, when, how did I got to this stark forbidding place with bitter frost.
Bitter like the knots that binded my soul. I glanced at the distant figure below.
He is waiting...

But for whom? I thought, I whispered without knowing why.
Then it struck me. Me... I... Us? The sudden realisation caused my fingers to loosen.
And with a gasp, I fell.

I thought I had fallen, but did I? I found myself still kissing the freezing rocks of the ice crusted cliff.
The chilling winds blew still. I shivered.
He is still waiting...

I thought to spit at him, to scream my defiance. I will not be taken! I will not...
But my mouth was dry, my throat frozen... I was dying... And I am not feeling peaceful at all...
I shivered in cold and in fear...

I glazed up and saw the glorious sun, the warm fire that awaited me...
I tried to reach for it... but my poor tormented body could not, would not obey me... I fell...
into His arms...

I knew peace... I knew nothing... and then we left...
leaving all behind... the cold, the bitterness, the smiles...
for we are nothing but memories...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home