Sunday, January 08, 2006

Human Nature

7th April 2005

She asked, "Why, my child did you bind me so?"
So I showed my bonds and protested, "No, my mother I did not so."

She held me close and smiled.

She asked again, "Why, my child did you bind me so?"
To which I finally replied, "Not me, my mother. It's my master's will."

She stroke my hair and smiled.

So she asked, "Whom, my child is your master thus?"
So to which I cried, "My desires, my dreams, my hopes."

She wiped my tears and smiled.

Then she asked, "Are you servant of your master thus?"
Then to which I replied, "Yes, my mother it is so."

She held me close and smiled.

And she finally said, "I am your servant, and always had been."
And I finally broke down, "I know, my mother. You need no chains."

She smiled and closed her eyes.
And so I wept as I drained her dry.

~ Eterna2

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home